Bosch Rexroth wins the HERMES AWARD 2021
The HERMES AWARD 2021 goes to Bosch Rexroth. The company won the prize with the world"s first electrical actuator for controlling process valves under water. The award ceremony took place on 12 April at the HANNOVER MESSE Digital Edition.
Thomas Fechner, Senior Vice President Product Area New Business, Bosch Rexroth
The jury, chaired by Professor Reimund Neugebauer, president of the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft, selected the product SVA R2 (Subsea Valve Actuator) , which is the world's first electrical actuator for controlling process valves under water. The SVA R2 offers an energy-efficient and safe alternative to the actuators previously used in offshore oil and gas production. SVA are self-sufficient assemblies with their own fluid circuit and a variable-speed pump drive. The central unit and the kilometers of lines for the fluid are no longer required. This also greatly minimizes environmental risks. The SVA only require a power supply and a data line. A displacement control regulates the flow rate from the speed with almost no loss. This simplifies the construction and increases the energy efficiency significantly.
"Bosch Rexroth is a longtime exhibitor at HANNOVER MESSE and always impresses with its innovations. The winning product is another milestone and stands for high-tech in connection with environmental protection. The company is thus making a major contribution to sustainability, one of the key topics at the HANNOVER MESSE Digital Edition," says Dr. Jochen Köckler, CEO of Deutsche Messe AG.
Jury chair and Fraunhofer President Professor Neugebauer explains the selection of the winner: "With the SVA R2, the developers at Bosch Rexroth combine economic and ecological aspects into a sustainably innovative product for the maritime process industry: With the Subsea Valve Actuator, existing electrical supply lines for sensors are sufficient for reliable operation of the actuators. The small dimensions and integrated interfaces provide industry with another advantage, because they enable the new actuator to be used and retrofitted in existing systems."
The HERMES AWARD ceremony took place on 12 April at the HANNOVER MESSE Digital Edition 2021.
The HERMES AWARD is HANNOVER MESSE's annual international technology prize. It recognizes outstanding products and solutions that have a particularly high level of technological innovation. All companies and institutions that exhibit at HANNOVER MESSE are eligible to compete. The prize was awarded virtually this year at the HANNOVER MESSE Digital Edition. From 2022 onwards, the winner of the HERMES AWARD will again be honored at the HANNOVER MESSE opening ceremony.
The jury members:
- Professor Reimund Neugebauer (Jury Chair), President, Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft
- Professor Ina Schieferdecker, Department Head, German Ministry for Education and Research (BMBF)
- Professor Friedrich Bleicher, Chair for Cutting Production Technology, Institute for Manufacturing Technology and High Power Laser Technology at the Vienna University of Technology
- Ken Fouhy, Chief Editor, VDI Nachrichten
- Georg Giersberg, Business Editor, Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung
- Werner Götz, Chief Editor, Industrieanzeiger
- Professor Kathrin Möslein, Vice President Outreach, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nürnberg
- Professor Siegfried Russwurm, University of Erlangen-Nürnberg, Member of the Presidium, acatech
- Udo Schnell, Editorial Director, VDI Fachmedien, and Chief Editor, Konstruktion
- Claus Wilk, Chief Editor, Produktion
- Dr. Manfred Wittenstein, Chairman of the Supervisory Board, WITTENSTEIN SE
- HANNOVER MESSE Digital Edition
HANNOVER MESSE Digital Edition is the knowledge and networking platform for industry, energy and logistics. The event consists of an expo, a conference and networking. Under the keynote theme “Industrial Transformation”, pioneers present their ideas and technologies for the factories, energy systems and supply chains of the future. Leading topics include digital platforms, Industrie 4.0, IT security, CO2-neutral production, AI, lightweight construction, and Logistics 4.0. Conferences and forums complete the program. HANNOVER MESSE Digital Edition runs from 12 to 16 April 2021. Indonesia is the Partner Country in 2021.